Business Intelligence Analyst
CDL Marketing is a data and metrics driven company and as such, strong candidates will excel at developing, executing, and leveraging business intelligence tools to mine out marketing insights for our internal and external clients. The methodology for these tools will likely take multiple forms including: adhoc analysis, dashboards, infographics, interactive ‘what if’ calculators. This role will work closely with the subject matter experts, peers and clients to develop customer and campaign insights using a variety of analysis tools including but not limited to: SQL, Hadoop, Tableau, Alteryx, Google Analytics and Facebook. Candidates will be expected to consult with users to define metrics, use cases and viz needs, document the analysis needs and then execute the analysis and/or dashboard creation using Tableau and supporting data tools. Successful candidates will become the analytic subject matter experts over their business unit by consistently providing insights to drive business decisions and proactively identifying opportunities for deeper analysis.
- Serve a multitude of functions including but not limited to: marketing insights, business analysis, data stewardship, data analysis, data architecture, report/dashboard design/creation
- Consult with other team members in regards to data analysis and data management questions
- Gather requirements for reports/dashboards, proof-of-concepts
- Work with development team to enhance/create new data models for dashboard consumption
- Create light-weight code in Tableau to drive metrics/functions
- Manage portfolio of BI apps ensuring peers and client’s needs are met
- Run a combination of semi-automated and automated reports and identify outliers, reconciling as necessary
- Develop and evangelize ‘bleeding edge’ visualization techniques
- Develop methodologies for aggregating results from various programs and campaigns
- Confirm data integrity and perform analysis to identify trends
- Reconcile disjointed data sources as needed
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- 2+ years of developing SQL queries for analysis purposes (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, SAS… are all acceptable)
- BA/BS degree in a math, computer science or related analytical degree is preferred but not required. Relevant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and an ability to perform deep QA and reconciliation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements; programming experience
- Must show a strong understanding of data and data relationships and be knowledgeable of various database structures
- Must be able to handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Priority will be given to candidates with front-end design experience in one or more BI/analysis software packages such as COGNOS, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, QlikView, Spot Fire, OLAP, Google Viz, etc.